Monday, January 13, 2020

Reviewing Class Assignments

I feel prepared to do well in this course. The core assignments were presented in a manner that hasn't caused any fear or worry... yet. The word "project" is always daunting because its connotation implies that a large amount of effort, time, and potentially group work will be necessary for its completion. Yet, reading the description for this assignment, my perception is that the project will not be an excessive amount of effort beyond the work that is already being done for the course, especially if small amounts of work are done each week throughout the semester.

Additionally, I am excited to give and receive feedback from my peers. At previous times in school, this sort of exercise provided little to nothing for personal growth. When a buddy would look over your writing and tell you it's perfect, you had no direction for improvement. Nothing is worse because I know that I am not a perfect writer.
That's not particularly useful feedback!

At this level, as upper classmen in college, I'm looking forward to receiving honest feedback from individuals who have only met me through my writing. With little to no other knowledge about me, I'm hoping this will be some of the best feedback I've ever received because these people won't be biased by their relationship with me. Of course, I'm sure I'll also be told I like to use commas far too much.

For the extra credit assignments, I think the Wikipedia Trails and Tech Tips will interest me the most. Although I don't plan to put myself in a position where I need to do extra credit on a regular basis, I expect that I'll do these assignments anyways. Besides, Wikipedia is an exciting place that is easy to get lost in.

Overall, this class is structured very differently from any class I have taken in my life. Yet, I'm excited to see where the class goes from here. So far, I appreciate the ability to work at my own pace and choose the grade I want in the course.

No comments:

Post a Comment