Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Week 8: Comments and Feedback

Feedback in:
I feel that feedback I've received is too polite. I don't know if people are trying to avoid hurting my feelings or if my writing legitimately has few errors. Looking at my comment wall, almost everything is focused on what I'm doing well. Then there are multiple comments that cover the same topic- I had a weird * sentence at the end of my introduction for a while, and once I fixed it, I had re-written one sentence terribly. Numerous people focused on these two elements, said polite things, and moved on. However, this tends to be better than the story feedback I receive. Almost all of those comments are about liking the story and the creativity. I wish more of my classmates gave feedback that focuses on what they don't like or what I'm not doing well.

I want feedback to tell me where I failed. Why? For this reason.

Feedback out:
I'd like to believe that I'm giving good feedback to others. I know that I want feedback that tells me where I need to improve- that's what I try to give others, especially on their projects. I've found that my feedback comments are often much longer than the word requirement; I don't bother counting the words. I try to give specific areas in which the person can improve- grammar, run-on sentences, undeveloped ideas, or things that I don't understand.

Blog Comments:
Commenting on different blogs has given me an idea of who I'm talking to. I like when I can am assigned a story to comment on and I can go "Oh! This is the person who said xyz." I especially enjoy reading responses people have to my introduction.

Looking Forward:
I think I need to correct some of my obvious mistakes more quickly to ensure that I only receive a few comments about the same issue. If I make corrections quickly, then others may have to look a little harder at my writing in order to give me decent feedback.



No comments:

Post a Comment